The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a "black box" outside of their control. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility and insight into the now borderless network. It arms them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including 4 of the top 5 SaaS companies, 4 of the top 5 US banks and 3 of the Fortune 5. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, Tenaya Capital and Sutter Hill Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
About the Role
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for developing and managing 2-4 strategic Alliances as part of ThousandEyes Business Development organization. The position will be responsible for managing ThousandEyes’ go-to-market strategy and execution with these Partners worldwide. This individual will work closely with the ThousandEyes Direct Sales organization to ensure that both the needs of ThousandEyes and those of the Partners are being optimized. The ideal candidate will have the skills to grow alliance-driven revenues to a position of market leadership. This responsibility will be accomplished by establishing a professional working relationship (up to the executive level) with the Partner, leveraging your existing contacts at these levels, and by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the Partner and how ThousandEyes can help meet those objectives.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Drive solution creation of ThousandEyes offerings leveraging Partners intellectual property
- Lead the alignment of the Partner and ThousandEyes executives to create a mutually beneficial relationship between the two organizations
- Construct a strategic action plan around mutually beneficial business cases and annual revenue targets
- Negotiate business development agreements
- Drive, manage and grow joint sales sell with/sell-through pipelines
- Drive alignment between the Partners’ and ThousandEyes’ marketing teams to create and execute joint marketing plans and manage the tactics to ensure seamless execution of the plans
- Secure Partner participation at ThousandEyes marketing events and regional user conferences
- Ensure that the Partners are trained and certified on ThousandEyes use cases
- Act as the internal champion for the growth of the Partnerships across ThousandEyes
- Closely monitor and regularly provide updates to all concerned parties on the performance of the partnership
- Travel as needed
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 10+ years of Enterprise Software Sales and/or Alliances experience.
- Previous experience managing enterprise Software Alliances with large Technology Companies and/or Global Systems Integrators.
- Proven experience managing Alliance relationships at the Executive level
- Experience in driving alliance partner relationships in a broad range of business activities (alignment of engineering/product, designing joint solution sets, marketing, training and certification and sales engagement)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Capability to develop in-depth knowledge of a Partner’s business, organizational structure, business processes and financial structure, using this to create a Partner Business Plan.
- Team player with consistent success in cross-functional organizational structures
- Demonstrated ability to develop vision and strategic direction
- Ability to think strategically and creatively coupled with strong analytical and business problem-solving skills
- Strategic sales orientation and experience
Education: I have that!
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA preferred