The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility into the now borderless network, arming them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including all of the top 5 global software companies, 5 of the top 6 US banks, and 45 of the Fortune 500. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures, Tenaya Capital, Google Ventures and Salesforce Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
ThousandEyes is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented individual to join our Legal Department as a Contracts Negotiator. This position offers the opportunity to support the rapidly expanding team at ThousandEyes by preparing, reviewing and negotiating a variety of technology agreements. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and is a motivated team player. We are seeking candidates with relevant experience at a large law firm and/or in-house legal department. Position can be located in the San Francisco or Austin offices.
- First point of contact for the sales team contract requests.
- Structure, advise, and manage the contract requirements for a growing domestic and international sales team for ThousandEyes SaaS offerings, including analyzing, negotiating and drafting SaaS terms on customer inbound form agreements, NDAs and other business related agreements.
- Responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Work with internal business customers, the finance and security teams to manage risk and ensure business needs are reflected accurately in agreements
- Team with in-house attorneys and the sourcing team to obtain any required approvals from internal stakeholders and optimize support to the business
- Assist with improving standard form agreements and legal processes that scale globally
- Contribute to formulation of playbook positions and department processes, and participate in other legal team assignments as requested.
- Undergraduate degree with excellent academic credentials
- 3-5 years of contracts negotiation experience at a large law firm or in-house legal department.
- Exposure to the technology industries required.
- Ability to read and understand contractual terms and strong experience in redlining and negotiating agreements required.
- Experience working with International Sales team a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and business judgment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, prioritize time-sensitive tasks, and work across organizational and geographic boundaries.